My rendition of Vegangela’s Quinoa Falafel with Avocado Tahini Dressing… With sprouted chickpeas and without the dressing.
I am keen to try Vegangela’s Avocado Tahini Dressing, but I didn’t have time today. It was 3pm and I still hadn’t eaten lunch. The chickpeas were sprouted and cooked, the quinoa was cooked, so I just wanted to whip up these nutritious little morsels and EAT!!
Mostly I did what Vegangela said to:
- Pulsed my 150g (dried weight) of sprouted and cooked chickpeas until all broken up
- Fried an onion with a minced clove of garlic until softened (in coconut oil)
- Added a teaspoon each of salt, ground cumin and coriander (didn’t have fresh coriander but will for next time)
- Pulsed the onion mixture and just over half a cup of cooked quinoa and 2 teaspoons worth of egg replacer into the chickpeas
- Rolled into 16 patties and fried in coconut oil
These are yummo. I am soooo making these routinely from now on.