I’ve been eating my Kale Avocado Hemp Salad almost daily since September 2013. Time for a change.
While the basic ingredients stay the same, this salsa has more emphasis on the avocado, and the simplest of dressings: lime juice and sea salt. In fact, aside from the salt, everything in this salad is green! So feel free to add other green bits, like capsicum, celery, or mild green chilli. But remember, the star remains the avocado.
It’s a salad as a meal, or as a side dish. This recipe makes enough for a single meal (a big one) or a side for 4 people.
- 1 avocado, liberated from its skin and chopped into 2cm cubes
- 1 large kale leaf, shredded and chopped into small 1cm pieces
- 10 snow peas or sugar snap peas, sliced thinly
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, chopped into 1cm cubes
- 1 shallot, sliced thinly
- 2 springs of coriander, chopped finely
- juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 tsp of sea salt (pink Himalayan in nice too)
Put everything into a bowl and toss. Pretty simple. Perfectly yum.