This is a formula to add a fast, tasty spiced vegetable addition to a salad – traditional or buddha-bowl style.
This is a framework rather than a recipe.
Choose the vegetables (and fruit, optionally):
- sweet potatoes
- dutch cream potatoes
- brussels sprouts
- green apples
Choose a dry spice mix:
- Maple syrup with salt and cinnamon
An airfryer is the fastest and easiest way to cook the vegetables. Here’s how:
- Chop the vegetables into 1-2cm cubes or 0.5cm slices.
- Put the chopped vegetables into a food storage container so they only half fill the container.
- Pour over about 1-2 tbsp high-smoke-point oil, like avocado or macadamia oil.
- Put the lid on the container and shake it all up until the vegetables are evenly coated with oil.
- Add in the spice mix, and shake again until everything is coated with spices.
- Pour into the airfryer basket and cook for 10 minutes on 160C.
- Turn up the airfryer heat to 180C and cook for another 10 minutes.